VITA Free Tax Preparation
VITA Free Tax Preparation Service
Free Tax Filing Service 2021
Registration for the free tax filing service will begin on March 1, 2021.
免費報稅服務將於 2021 年 3 月 1 日接受預約。
Scope of Service
We cannot file your tax through the VITA Program, if you have:
- properties sale
- rental income
- foreign income
- military compensation, or
- Health Savings Account
Please read the following information before making an appointment.
- Tax Document Preparation:
- Make Appointment:
- Pick a slot in the calendar below.
- One appointment is for one tax return ONLY.
- Appointment Confirmation and Document Submission:
- You will receive a confirmation email after scheduling your appointment(s).
- The confirmation email includes a secured link for you to upload the PDF with your combined documents.
- DO NOT SEND THE DOCUMENT VIA EMAIL.
- Deadline for Document Upload:
- Please submit all documents two days prior to your appointment.
- During the Appointment:
- We will provide a virtual tax filing service, so you DO NOT have to be present in person during the appointment.
- If there are any questions during the tax filing process, we may call or send you an email.
- After We Have Completed the Tax Return Forms:
- We will notify you and ask you to sign the tax return through DocuSign.
Required IRS Forms and Tax Documents
Please prepare a scanned copy of the completed IRS forms and documents listed below, and submit in a single PDF file using the secured link that will be provided after your appointment has been scheduled.
- (Form 13614-C) Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet and (Form 15080) Consent to Disclose Tax Return Information to VITA/TCE Tax Preparation Sites
- (Form 14446) Virtual VITA/TCE Taxpayer Consent
- Photo ID for each adult on tax return
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, AND dependents. If anyone does not have a Social Security Number, you can bring the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter.
- W-2s from all jobs
- All 1099-Gs for unemployment compensation, 1098s, and any other tax forms from other jobs, colleges, or organizations
- Your household’s health coverage information. Health Coverage Statements: Forms 1095-A, B or C
- Child care provider information, if applicable. You will need the total amount paid to the daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number)
- Last year’s tax return, if filed
- Savings AND checking account numbers, as well as routing number for direct deposit of refund
Book an Appointment Online
Tax Return FAQs and Resources
View selected frequently asked questions and resources about tax returns
Estimate Your Tax Refund
How big will your tax refund be?
Estimate how much you are going to get back from Uncle Sam this year or how much you will owe by using this simple TurboTax calculator.